Friday, January 29, 2010

DON'T WAIT TILL SPRING IF YOU PLAN TO SELL YOUR HOME

I've been trying to tell buyers to get out there and look for homes so they can take advantage of the $8,000 home buyer tax credit if they have an offer to purchase accepted by 4/30/2010 and close on that sale by June 30th, 2010.  I just realized - POTENTIAL SELLERS SHOULDN'T WAIT either.  If you were thinking of selling your home in late spring, you would miss this whole group of motivated buyers if you wait to list your home till after 4/30/2010. 

Get a hold of a Realtor today and take advantage of these buyers.  Also, if you have owned your home for 5 of the last 8 years, you may qualify for a $6,500 tax credit if you sell and buy another home to live in.

Let me know if you need details.  Even if you're not in my area, I will still offer my expertise and advice.  I'm licensed in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment