Thursday, September 10, 2009

Do you know someone selling a home?

Good morning –

After my BNI (Business Network International) meeting this morning, I thought I’d give you something to think about. I usually ask people to refer buyers to me because what I do is help people get a home loan. I think I can be of as much, if not more, help to sellers. Chances are I won’t benefit directly from this contact, but it can help make their home sell faster, help Realtors and potential buyers, and it’s good Karma for me. (Did you hear about the dog named Karma – it always comes back to bite you)

If you have someone you know who is thinking about selling their home, have them give me a call. I can help them understand the current mortgage industry, and some of the hurdles buyers have to jump over these days. It may help them understand what can make their home more saleable than others on the market.

I can explain to them….

> 75% of the buyers can only manage the minimum down payment or don’t have the required 680 credit score, which leaves FHA loans as a very viable option. There’s a good chance someone looking at their home will be an FHA buyer these days. FHA doesn’t mean a borrower is a looser. You can have perfect credit and have a credit score under 680. Young buyers who don’t have a long credit history have this problem as part of the credit score is based on how much credit they have and how old the credit accounts are. A longer credit history means a better score. And let’s face it – it’s hard to save 5-20% down these days.

> What property minimum standards there are with FHA loans

> How offering incentives like paying closing costs for the buyer may help a buyer get a loan and be able to purchase their home vs. the competition

> What can they do to get their home ready to sell so they avoid problems like peeling paint when they get offers.

> Does their well and septic meet the distance requirements that FHA has.

> How fast can they expect to close once they get an offer accepted.

> How reliable is an "approval letter" these days.

I would like to help them be pro-active and sell their home faster, whether I benefit or not. Just having them call makes it worth my while!

Forward on my blog, or have them contact me. I'm here to help.

Office: 608-779-1519 Cell: 608-498-1959 e-mail: joelfke@umc123.com

Have a great day!

Jolyn - your Motgage Expert from Universal Mortgage

No comments:

Post a Comment